#AtoZChallenge : To Quidditch


Gif source

Dear Quidditch,

I’ve loved sports from the time that I was a kid. I’ve played whatever sports I could while I was in school and college and even now. But if there is one game that fascinates me and that I’d love to play, it is you. But you are the one game that I will never be able to play. Sad isn’t it? Being unable to play the game you love.
Let me go back to the time when I first got to know about you. Though most Harry Potter fans have read the books first and then watched the movies, I am different. My first introduction to Harry Potter was through the first movie. But do you know what part of that movie I loved the most? You! Scoring goals by throwing the quaffles, escaping from the badgers and most importantly catching the golden snitch, it was all so exciting. And once I started reading the books, I was more in awe of you. Ever since, I have wanted to play Quidditch. 

But the sad part is that I won’t be able to play because I can’t fly. I’m not a witch who can fly on a broomstick. Yes I know that there is Muggle Quidditch but I don’t want anything but the original. I think I would have made a good chaser or may be a beater or wait may be a seeker. I’m confused. I need to try each of those positions before I can decide. 

“Don’t chase the Quaffle if you can see the Snitch”

Like most games, you too teach us a lot of lessons. Focussing on what is important, being alert, standing up for your team are the things that we need to incorporate in daily life. I loved watching Gryffindor play and I always wish I could be a part of the Gryffindor team. Will I ever be able to play this beautiful game? Can I somehow become a witch on a broomstick for a day?
Your Seeker, 
Reema

I'm taking up the #AtoZChallenge and my theme is "A letter for a letter". So make sure you read all the letters from A to Z. 
Also participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge.

Labels: , , , , ,