#AtoZChallenge : To Love

Image Source: Pixabay


Dear Love,

Everyone says that you are the most beautiful thing in the world. Do I agree? Yes I do. From the time I came to understand what is happening around me, I have heard the word ‘Love’ a lot of times. But do I believe in its existence? Have I experienced it?

Love, I believe that you exist because without you, the world would be nothing but chaos. It is love you that bring people together. It is you that makes people care for each other. Without you, life wouldn’t be possible on this earth. If people would not love each other and instead hate each other, would there be peace? Would life be the way it is?

I’m lucky to have experienced you from the time began understanding what is going on around me. Mom took care of me from the time I was a kid, looked after me when I was sick, fed me when I was hungry, nursed my wound when I was hurt. Dad took care of me, provided for all my needs, made time for me even when he was tired after long day at work. Isn’t all of this you? They may not have explicitly told me in words that they love me but all this, isn’t it proof enough? The company of friends, the kindness of a stranger, the friendliness of my neighbours tells me that you are around. 

But when I look at the world these days, I find people hungry for you. So wrapped up are we in the little cocoons that we build for ourselves, that we get disconnected from the rest of the world. And then when we need someone to talk to, to care for us, we find no one. Why are you slowly disappearing from this world making way to hatred and violence destroying so many innocent lives? Everything comes with a “Conditions apply” mark these days and so do you. Empty words saying that people love each other mean nothing when that love is not lived. 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
-          1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

For me, this is what you mean. If only everyone understood you in the way that the above verses say. How better a place the world would be. Though sometimes I feel discouraged, I still believe that you are there in this world; hidden in corners that we can’t see or locked up in the depths by our own folly. All we need to do is search for you and set you free. I pray that you will be there always.

Always looking for you,
Reema

I'm taking up the #AtoZChallenge and my theme is "A letter for a letter". So make sure you read all the letters from A to Z. 

 Also participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge.
 

Labels: , , , ,