#AtoZChallenge B: To Books



Dear Books,

I love you all! I wonder what I’d do if not for you all. I can call it love at first sight because from the moment I learned how to read, I was in love. Everlasting love. It was my dad who made me realize the importance of books when I was a little girl and from then on I’ve loved to read. Books have been such an integral part of my life ever since.  And the number of time that I’ve lost track of time because I was reading a book equals infinity!

“Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.”

I don’t know who said that but I can’t agree more on it. For with every book that I have read I have travelled to a different place, a different time. From the lands where animals spoke, to the land of magic potions, witches and wizards, to the time when humans would actually live on planets other than the earth. You dear books have let my imagination soar and have made me think of things I wouldn’t have thought otherwise. 

But do you know why I love you so much? It is because you dear books have always been there for me- to cheer me up when I feel low, to give me company when I feel lonely, to help me escape into a another world when I need a break from the life that I have been living. There are times when I have just hugged you tight and fallen asleep and then there are those awesome days of my life when the first thing that I did after I woke up in the morning was to read a book. That is how much you mean to me. Each book has taught me something or the other; things that may be useful to me at some point of time or the other. 

But let me tell you one thing, there was a point in life when I hated a few of your kind- text books. Oh how I loathed them. Those big textbooks were like monsters. But coming to think of it, I don’t completely hate them. Why? Because they were the perfect places to hide the novels that I was reading! And I have lost track of how many books I’ve read like that. 

Thank you dear books for all the lessons that you have taught me and for all those wonderful adventures that you have taken me on. I promise that I will always read- till my last breath. 

Love,
Reema

Note: I have always loved to books because reading books is my first love. Hence, B is for Books. 

I'm taking up the #AtoZChallenge and my theme is "A letter for a letter". So make sure you read all the letters from A to Z. 
Also linking this post to Day 2 of Ultimate Blog Challenge

Labels: , , , ,