#AtoZChallenge A: To Anne Frank



Dear Anne,

I think it was a decade ago when I’d just stepped into my teens. Everything was so confusing. It seemed different. I remember that it was a difficult period for me. The people around me didn’t seem to understand me. I had problems of my own and there were times I just used to cry. I wasn’t really sure that I could speak out to others about the way I felt. And I decided that I’d find my solace in books and that is how I found you. And I feel that I found you at the right time.

I read that diary of yours from cover to cover and I was glad. I was glad because I could connect with what you wrote and that I’d found a way to express the thoughts and emotions that were eating me up. But most importantly I was thankful. Thankful for the life I had. I didn’t have to hide during those terrible days of war like you had to but instead I could walk free. You found happiness in little things even during those difficult times of war. Couldn’t I be happy in the peaceful times that I am living in? 

Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!”

Those words you said made sense to me. You taught me a lot of things- to find happiness in little things, to appreciate the good in others and most importantly to never lose hope. And in times when I felt sad or lonely, you told me what I must do. I always wish that you lived through the war and that you didn’t have to die such a terrible death. You touched the world with the power of your thoughts. How I wish that I could also make such an impact in the lives of the people around me! Thank you Anne for all those words that you wrote. They made me appreciate life and they inspired me to write as well.
I hope you are happy now wherever you are.
Love,
Reema

Note : This is a letter to Anne Frank. Reading her book had a great impact on me. I was inspired to write after reading her book and that is why my first post of the challenge is dedicated to her. A for Anne. 

I am participating in the #AtoZChallenge this time. And my theme is "A letter for a letter". Follow me throughout April as I embark on this Blogging journey.
Also linking this post for Day 1 of Ultimate Blog Challenge.

Labels: , , , ,