The gift


Image source
“Stealing is not a good habit and don’t you know what happened to that thief whom they caught last week?”, she asked her son. He had always been a good and obedient child and at the age of eight he was mature beyond his years. Hence when she found a few coins hidden away in a corner of his study table, she was surprised and more importantly she was hurt as she had struggled alone to bring him up well. “I thought I’d get you a gift for your birthday Mumma and I didn’t steal the money as this money is the amount I managed to save from what you’d given me all these days to buy toffees”, he said. She had tears in her eyes and all that she could do was hug him tight!

This post is written for Lillie McFerrin Writes-Five Sentence Fiction- Thief and for Day 9 of Ultimate Blog Challenge.  

Lillie McFerrin Writes

Labels: , , , , ,