I will fly!


I want to fly high like a bird in the sky,
But this world doesn't let me try.
It has put me inside this cage,
Which keeps me confined at every stage.

There are many things that I want to do,
I have many dreams which I want to come true.
I know I can do it all,
But I am not allowed to stand tall.

The world humiliates me for the little mistakes that I make,
They laugh at the risks that I plan to take.
They say I don't have it in me to fly high,
And ask me to forget about reaching the sky.


With those words that they feel will demotivate me,
They expect me to give up and let it be.
But I am not the one to stop,
I will not be satisfied till I reach the top.

For every time I fall I will rise,
I will wipe those tears from my eyes.
From every mistake that I make,
I will have a lesson to take.

Those confines of the cage I will break,
The very foundation of your wrong thoughts I will shake.
Nothing can stop me and make me cry,
For I am born with wings to fly high!

This poem is written for Day 3 of  The Ultimate Blog Challenge.



Labels: , , , , , ,